27 Jul Light & Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Vegan and Gluten Free!)
Make the most of seasonal produce and warming spices with these light and fluffy pumpkin pancakes – not only are they vegan and gluten free, they’re also low on sugar and feature the bright orange superfood that’s packed with fibre, vitamin A and antioxidants.
Plus, they’re easy to make, requiring just 20 minutes, one bowl, and no fancy ingredients – just pantry staples like apple cider vinegar, almond milk, spices and maple syrup.
- 1 cup almond or rice milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup Entice self-raising rice flour (if using regular flour, add 1 tsp baking powder)
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Combine milk and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside for five minutes to curdle.
- Add pumpkin, butter, vanilla and sugar, and whisk to combine.
- Sift together flour, salt and spices and add to wet ingredients. If the batter appears too thin, add a bit more flour. If too thick, add a splash of milk. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a pan and cook ¼ cup measurements of the batter on medium-high heat. Flip when bubbles appear and cook for a further 1-3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with butter or coconut oil, maple syrup and pecans.
*To make candied pecans, combine 2 Tbsp coconut sugar, 2 Tbsp water and a pinch of salt. Toast 1 cup of pecan nuts in a pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar water to nuts and stir until thoroughly coated. Spread on a piece of parchment paper to cool.