08 Sep Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This rich creamy pasta made with the Faithful to Nature pantry range by Vernon & Simóne (@the_leaf_eaters) has got us coming back for seconds! Nothing says Familia like a good Italian pasta with great company. Buon Appetito! Watch their step-by-step here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 150g pea pasta
- Drizzle of extra virgin hemp seed oil
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Parsley to garnish
- Start by making a cashew cream – blend together the soaked cashews, plant based milk, garlic powder and salt & pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium high, add olive oil and sauté the garlic powder whilst stirring until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and stir until they are fully cooked and have released most of their moisture.
- Add the cashew cream to the pan and stir well to combine with the mushrooms.
- Make a slurry by adding a small amount of water to the brown rice flour .
- Add the slurry to the pan and stir through to thicken the sauce.
- Add the pasta and mix until well combined.
- Top with a drizzle of extra virgin hemp seed oil, pumpkin seeds and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.