10 Sep “Hormone Balancing” Adaptogenic Hot Cocoa
- 4 tsps raw cocoa powder
- 2 tsps coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (Ceylon if possible)
- 1 tsp destarched maca root powder *
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 1 cup hot water
- 2-4 blocks sugar-free 80% Afrikoa dark chocolate (optional, extra richness)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a cup.
- Froth the milk by either heating it up slowly on a stove top until frothy and adding in hot cacao mix. Stir and press spoon to sides to help dissolve any remaining clumps
- Pour into cup and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon, cacao powder or chocolate shavings.
- Mix dry ingredients into separate cups by dividing everything into two. Add in hot water and stir. Use the back of the spoon to dissolve any remaining clumps by pressing it to the side of the cup.
- Heat up the milk in the microwave for 30 sec and froth using an electric handheld frother.
- Pour frothed milk into the cups and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon, cacao powder or chocolate shavings.
PLEASE NOTE: Although adaptogens are an all natural way to support your health you should still proceed with caution. A little goes a long way and in the case of adaptogens, it still rings true that too much of a good thing can be bad. Use adaptogens as you would any other supplement and with the intent to support your health and not as a cure or treatment for any disease. Consult with your primary health care provider before adding adaptogens into your diet, especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you’re a fan of this hot cocoa recipe, you’ll probably also enjoy these: