These light and fluffy coconut yoghurt pancakes with rainbow drizzle are pretty much the best thing that’s happened to breakfast. And actually, given their beautiful rainbow decorations, they’re great as a celebration pancake cake! The coconut yoghurt can easily be substituted for full-fat Greek yoghurt if you don’t mind the dairy. The brown rice and buckwheat flour can both be substituted with a blend of gluten-free flour and gluten-free oat flour.
Serves 2 – 3
Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Refined Sugar-free
- 1 Cup brown rice flour (sub oat flour)
- ¼ Cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps coconut blossom sugar (sub stevia/xylitol to taste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt (sub. Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 6 tbsps coconut yoghurt (separated 2 tbsp in each bowl)
- Pinch of turmeric powder, beetroot powder & matcha/spirulina
- 3 tbsp protein powder (optional, 1 tbsp mixed into each bowl)
- 3 tbsps liquid syrup sweeter of choice (1 tbsp mixed into each bow)
- Fresh or frozen fruit
- Activated buckwheat for crunch
- Vegan Caramel sauce
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes while the sprayed/coconut oil lined (non-stick) pan on the medium heat stove top heats up.
- To make mini pancakes only add one small tablespoon and for regular palm-size pancakes two tablespoons. Once the sides start to dry, lift and flip over.
- Top with all the toppings. For the different colour coconut drizzles, mix each colour in a separate bowl and add to pancakes. Do rainbow stripes or flowers, play around and have fun with it.
If you give these delicious, healthy and playful pancakes a try, please tag me @thegoodroots, I love seeing all your creations.