12 Oct Fluffy Coconut Yogurt Pancakes with Rainbow Drizzle
These light and fluffy coconut yoghurt pancakes with rainbow drizzle are pretty much the best thing that’s happened to breakfast. And actually, given their beautiful rainbow decorations, they’re great as a celebration pancake cake! The coconut yoghurt can easily be substituted for full-fat Greek yoghurt if you don’t mind the dairy. The brown rice and buckwheat flour can both be substituted with a blend of gluten-free flour and gluten-free oat flour.
Serves 2 – 3
Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Refined Sugar-free
- 1 Cup brown rice flour (sub oat flour)
- ¼ Cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps coconut blossom sugar (sub stevia/xylitol to taste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt (sub. Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 6 tbsps coconut yoghurt (separated 2 tbsp in each bowl)
- Pinch of turmeric powder, beetroot powder & matcha/spirulina
- 3 tbsp protein powder (optional, 1 tbsp mixed into each bowl)
- 3 tbsps liquid syrup sweeter of choice (1 tbsp mixed into each bow)
- Fresh or frozen fruit
- Activated buckwheat for crunch
- Vegan Caramel sauce
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes while the sprayed/coconut oil lined (non-stick) pan on the medium heat stove top heats up.
- To make mini pancakes only add one small tablespoon and for regular palm-size pancakes two tablespoons. Once the sides start to dry, lift and flip over.
- Top with all the toppings. For the different colour coconut drizzles, mix each colour in a separate bowl and add to pancakes. Do rainbow stripes or flowers, play around and have fun with it.