04 May 3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Flatbread
- Peel and cut the potato into small chunks to boil
- Bring to a boil and cook until soft
- Strain and allow to cool.
- Mash the sweet potato
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt
- Give it a mix!
- Add the sweet potato puree and mix until it forms a ball
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth
- Cut into quarters
- Roll out with a rolling pin/wine bottle or press with your fingertips
- On a frying pan, allow to heat.
- Add some olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt
- Add the flatbread and fry until blistering and colouring, flip and repeat!
- Serve immediately with some hummus, falafel, rocket and pickles.
- The bread flour can be replaced with gluten-free flour.
- Chickpea flour absorbs a lot more liquid to adjust quantities to create a nice dough, you do not want it to be sticky. Try sorghum flour or oat flour. This will change the texture of the bread as removing the gluten will take away the beautiful chewy texture.