04 May The Ultimate Vegetarian Burger: Beet(root) patties
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup beetroot
- 1 cup quinoa, boiled
- 1 cup oat flour/chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed powder + ⅓ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Roast the beetroot with a generous drizzle of olive oil and salt at 180’C until soft.
- Fry your onions until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients and blend until combined but some texture remains.
- If the mixture is too sticky, add some more flour. You want to be able to shape the patties in your hand without the mix being too wet.
- Shape the patties and you can place them on baking paper in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or shallow fry them for some beautiful colouring and a crunch!
- These can be rolled into little falafel balls or burger patties.