POT BROWNIES? Well not quite what you’re thinking! All the benefits of CBD wrapped up in a divinely chocolatey gooey brownie without any of the illegal substances. CBD-laced treats are growing in popularity, have you made anything delectable with added benefits? Let us know in the comment section.
CBD Oil is all the rage now, but what benefits does it actually have? I’ve personally been experimenting with CBD oil, and have noticed a significant difference in my mood and stress levels. I usually add it to my evening tea or cacao, but thought it could be a nice inclusion in something sweet for a mellowed out treat.
Chocolate is a natural anti-depressant and mood enhancer, as is hemp oil, so this seemed like a fitting couple. There is a very small amount in the brownies, but enough to give a small effect and this is the perfect recipe for a chilled night in with friends or your loved one.
- 180g dairy-free dark chocolate (60% cocoa mass or higher)
- 150g coconut oil
- ½ cup aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp CBD oil
- 1½ cups chickpea flour
- ¼ cup cocoa or cacao
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 150ºC and prepare a square baking pan with baking paper or a light coating of coconut oil. Melt the dark chocolate and oil together until set aside to cool completely. Beat the aquafaba and sugar together until light and fluffy (it takes a while). Add in the aquafaba, apple cider, vanilla and CBD oil. Then fold in the melted chocolate.
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients or whisk lightly to break up any lumps. Mix the dry and wet ingredients until just combined, don’t over mix. Add in the choc chips and crushed walnuts (save some walnuts for topping before baking).
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and sprinkle over the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, at 30 minutes check to see if it is still gooey inside by pricking a knife in the centre – if it is bake for 5 minutes and check again – until the knife comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Brownies can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container – they also freeze well. But it will be tough not to eat the entire batch in one sitting.
* CBD Oil Benefits
The fatty acids in hemp oil offer certain health benefits. For example, the oil contains sitosterol, which can help lower cholesterol. It also contains tocopherols, which have antioxidant properties to help prevent your cells from damage, and anticancer agents, according to the “Journal of Nutraceuticals, Functional and Medicinal Foods.” Hemp oil also contains a 3-to-1 ratio of omega-3 fatty acids to omega-6 fatty acids, which can help lower your risk of cancer, inflammation and blood clots, the “Journal of Nutraceuticals, Functional and Medicinal Foods” reports. Fatty acids also promote normal brain function. It also contains a unique protein called globule edestin which is similar to globulin in human blood plasma. Hemp seed oil possesses powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Hemp is also considered to be the most balanced oil for nutrition found in nature and it is easily digestible, too. All of this combined together, provides many wonderful benefits for health as well as beauty, inside and out.