06 Mar Top Natural Pain Relief Remedies
Pain is your body’s way of letting you know that something is wrong, and that something needs to change. Pharmaceutical painkillers offer a quick fix; but in the long run they won’t do your body any favours. Luckily, there is an abundance of herbal, natural pain relief products available, courtesy of the world’s greatest physician, Mother Nature herself. These natural remedies are free of the harsh chemicals, binders and fillers found in ordinary pills; plus they won’t cause side effects or dependency like ordinary painkillers tend to do.
Get smart about pain management; browse our top natural remedies for common painful conditions, and find out how these herbal goodies can help you.
- Acupuncture Energy Mat: Using the principles of acupuncture, acupressure and reflexology, this mat works on your pressure points to relieve pain-fighting chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins.
- Organic turmeric: This golden spice is a wonderful anti-inflammatory, beneficial for sore, stiff joints.
- Crede Organic Omega Blend: Omegas also have potent anti-inflammatory properties.
View more natural arthritis remedies here.
- Acupuncture Ring: This stainless steel massage ring can be used on the fingers and toes, working on your body’s acupressure points to release oxytocin and endorphins, relieving all sorts of aches and pains.
- Mag Phos Tissue Salts: A natural oral remedy for muscle pain, tension, spasms and athletic “stitches”.
- Wintergreen Essential Oil: Diluted with a carrier oil, wintergreen essential oil can be used to massage away joint pain, muscle pain, headaches and inflammation. Wintergreen is known as “mother nature’s aspirin” because of its high methyl salicylate content.
See our natural back pain remedies here.
- Good Life Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: Taken orally, ACV is alkalising and helps to balance the body’s pH; it prevents the formation of the uric acid crystals around the joints (which cause gout). Apple cider vinegar also helps to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Cape Moondance Buchu Tea: Buchu is a gentle detoxing agent and diuretic, which prevents water retention, acid crystal build-up and urinary tract infections.
- A. Vogel VegOmega-3: Omegas are powerful anti-inflammatories, which work to ease the pain and swelling of gout. Also helpful for arthritis and rheumatism.
View our full list of natural gout remedies online.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Has cooling but stimulating properties, helping to clear the head and relieve headaches. Just a drop or two on your temples will provide fast natural relief.
- Aum Eye Pillow: These flax-filled, lavender-scented eye pillows are perfect for relieving eye strain and headaches. simply lie back and relax with an Aum pillow over your eyes, letting the gentle pressure and soothing lavender get to work.
- SuperSpices Organic Cinnamon Capsules: Cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory spice, useful for soothing headaches and arthritic pain.
More headache and migraine remedies available at our online store.
- Magnesium oil spray: Magnesium helps to ease muscle cramps and stiffness, while also maintaining healthy muscle and nerve functions. Great for reviving tired muscles after a hard workout.
- Creeds Luxury Epsom Bath Salts: Magnesium sulphate (Epsom salt) helps with the formation of joint proteins; soaking in an Epsom salt bath will ease tired and strained muscles and joints.
- Badger Sore Muscle Rub Cooling Relief: Cooling mint and eucalyptus, combined with anaesthetic clove, make this a wonderful muscle massage rub and decongestant chest rub.
- Pukka Womankind Tea: Made with shatavari, cranberry and chamomile, this is a really soothing tea that promotes women’s wellbeing and supports a regular menstrual cycle.
- Cypress Essential Oil: A natural antispasmodic that relieves menstrual pain as well as muscle strains and spasms.
- Pure Herbal Remedies Ladies Support: Designed to support women’s health through all stages of life; made with chaste berry, motherwort, wild yam and numerous other beneficial herbs for women.
Check out our blog on natural ways to manage menstrual cramps and PMS.
Sore Legs & Tired Feet
- Calc Fluor tissue salts: Calcium Fluoride. Helps to reduce varicose veins, ease strained tendons and ligaments, and alleviate stiff, painful joints.
- Recharge Your Feet: This topical treatment reduces pain and swelling in the legs, stimulates the circulation and heals cracked, dry feet. Also a helpful way to reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
- Moringa 5000 Herbal Balm: Moringa is a potent anti-inflammatory that combats sprains, pains and swollen joints.
- Cayenne pepper: This warming, anti-inflammatory spice can be mixed with honey and lemon to make a soothing tea. Great for easing a scratchy throat and clearing congested sinuses.
- Manuka honey: An ultra-soothing and sweet honey made from New Zealand manuka plants. Antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory, it’s a wonderful remedy for all sorts of common ailments, from sore throats to scratches and insect bites.
- A. Vogel Cough Bonbons: Made with honey, peppermint, menthol and santasapina (spruce tree) juice, these cough drops soothe and heal a sore, inflamed throat.
More sore throat remedies and product packs available here.
- Baltic amber beads: When Baltic amber is worn against the skin, it warms up and releases a natural pain-killing substance called succinic acid. This substance is absorbed into baby’s bloodstream, where it works to relieve teething pain, inflammation and discomfort.
- Wooden teething rings: These beautiful teething rings are made from naturally antibacterial, non-splintering maple wood; the safe and eco-friendly alternative to plastic teethers. Let baby chew away the teething blues.
- Calc Phos Tissue salts: Calcium Phosphate. Great for soothing teething pains and growing pains, and for building strong, healthy teeth.
- Clove powder: This aromatic spice acts as a natural anaesthetic; a little bit on the gums will help to relieve a toothache.
- Warburgia: A natural analgesic (pain killer), ideal for treating toothache and rheumatism. Also useful for treating ulcers and headaches.
- Nutmeg: Like cloves, nutmeg has natural pain-relieving properties; a little nutmeg powder rubbed on the gums can soothe an aching tooth. It’s also a natural antiseptic, which helps to kill off cavity-causing bacteria in the mouth.
With so many natural pain relief remedies easily available and affordable, you can practically make your family’s entire first aid kit a natural one!