- Antiseptic & astringent
- Promotes wound healing
- Eases arthritic & rheumatic pain
- Antispasmodic: treats sore, strained muscles & cramps
- Helps to reduce varicose veins & cellulite
- As an inhalation, helps to soothe coughs & ease congestion
- Deodorant: Has a pleasant, spicy & masculine scent
- Sudorific: Stimulates healthy persipration, which balances skin & cleanses the pores
- Mild sedative: Eases stress & anxiety
There are so many ways to enjoy the healing benefits of cypress oil:
- Bath: Add 5-10 drops to a warm running bath. (If you have sensitive skin, or you want some added moisture, blend it with a teaspoon of carrier oil first.) Close the door so the vapours don't escape; relax for at least 10 minutes, breathing deeply.
- Massage: Thoroughly mix 5-6 drops of essential oil to every 10ml of carrier oil. Massage gently into the skin.
- Inhalations: Add 4-5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes & lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Burners & Diffusers: Fill the bowl of your burner or vaporiser with water. Add 3-6 drops of essential oil. Light the candle; the oil will evaporate as the water warms up. NB: Do not let the bowl dry out.
- Essential oils are highly concentrated, and should always be diluted in a base/ carrier oil before use.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally without professional recommendation.
- SOil essential oils are living products that are vulnerable to heat, moisture, air & light.
- Store in a cool, dark place with the lid well sealed.
- If you store your essential oil in the fridge, allow it to reach a cool room temperature (around 20°C) before use.
Cypress (Cupressus semperivens) essential oil
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.