28 Aug Tomato Treats: Try this Natural DIY Face Mask and Exfoliator
Wholesome soups, spicy salsa, fresh salads at a summer braai – none of these would be quite as wonderful without a generous helping of ripe red juicy tomatoes in the mix. Packed with vitamins and minerals, these fabulous fruits nourish us from the inside out, but that’s not all. Tomatoes also make an excellent natural beauty treatment for external use. If you’re looking to pamper yourself the natural way, why not try these quick and simple DIY tomato face mask recipes?
1. Hydrating Tomato Face Mask
- ½ peeled tomato
- 1 tsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp peeled & grated cucumber
- 2 tsp ground oatmeal
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Gently wash and dry your face before applying the mask.
- Smooth the paste onto your face with clean fingertips and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
This soothing natural mask is great for refreshing tired skin and reducing pigmentation caused by sun exposure.
2. Exfoliating Tomato Facial Scrub
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp fine granulated sugar
- Gently wash and dry your face.
- Slice the top off the tomato.
- Sprinkle the sugar into a small bowl and dip the tomato into it.
- Using small circular motions, rub the sugar-coated tomato slice gently over your face for a natural exfoliating effect. Pay close attention to your “T-zone” (forehead, nose, chin).
- Once your face is covered, relax for 10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
- Pat dry gently and follow with your favourite facial moisturiser.
This treatment helps to remove blackheads, clean pores and soften the skin.