12 Sep Three Delicious DIY Body Scrubs for Spring-Ready Skin
Give your skin a healthy natural glow with a gentle exfoliating body scrub – without the chemicals, the additives or the hefty price tag of conventional beauty products. We’ve got three easy recipes you can whip up in a matter of minutes with ingredients you’ll find readily available in your kitchen and your garden! Choose your favourite or try all three; pamper yourself or spoil your loved ones with gorgeous handmade bath-time beauty treats.
1. Luscious Lavender Herbal Salt Scrub
- 2 cups salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3tbsp dried, culinary grade lavender OR lavender essential oil
- 3tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- Mix the olive oil thoroughly into the salt.
- Stir in the lavender and rosemary.
- Enjoy as a refreshing scented body scrub in your next bath or shower.
2. Perfectly Pink Peppermint Candy-Cane Scrub
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Raspberry/pomegranate juice
- Slowly mix the coconut oil into the sugar – add more as needed but don’t let your mixture become too oily.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil for that sweet fresh minty scent.
- Now add a few drops of raspberry or pomegranate juice, and mix together until your mixture turns a wonderful pale pink.
- This body scrub makes a great Christmas gift!
3. Sultry Summer Rose Scrub
- A glass jar with a wide mouth
- 1 large scoop unrefined coconut oil
- 1 large scoop raw cane sugar (or brown sugar)
- Jojoba oil OR almond oil
- 1 handful fragrant rose petals – pick a rose fresh from your garden or buy an organic bouquet for your home.
- Fill a third of the glass jar with coconut oil.
- Add a layer of rose petals on top of the coconut oil.
- Fill the rest of the jar with the sugar.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of jojoba oil or almond oil over the sugar.
- Put the lid on the jar and allow the oils to mix naturally for at least 2 hours.
- Now crush all the ingredients up inside the jar (use a spoon or a fork). The oils, sugar and crushed petals will mix together to make a dreamy rose-scented scrub!