10 Dec Collagen-Infused Rocket & Basil Pesto Pizza
- Pizza bases of choice
- 1 or 2 large king oyster mushrooms
- ½ tsp coriander ground
- ½ tsp smoked paprika or a few drops liquid smoke
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 30g rocket
- 30g basil
- 1 TBS collagen powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds/ pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Heat the oven to grill
- Slice the oyster mushrooms into thin salami sized wheels and place in a bowl. Add in the spices and olive oil and mix so that it coats the mushrooms. Place a large non stick frying pan on a medium to high heat and allow it to heat up. Place the mushrooms flat in the pan and allow to sizzle on either side.
- Slice and cook the onion in a pan until caramelised.
- Cover the base of the pizzas in the tomato sauce and then place on the mushrooms and onions and sliced cherry tomatoes on the base and place in the oven. Cook until crust gets crispy and the topping start to cook.
- Top with rocket, ground cashews and pesto and enjoy.