05 Aug The Goes-With-Anything Coconut Flour Biscuit Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy replacement for all your favourite bread-based treats – breakfast muffins, cinnamon rolls, even shortcake – these gluten-free biscuits are just what you need. Made with our wholesome coconut flour, they go with any filling or topping, sweet or savoury. Plus they’re super-easy to make!
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 5Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2Tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- ½tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl & blend well using a hand-held mixer.
- Using your hands, carefully roll the dough into 9-12 small balls; place on a lined baking tray & press each ball down with a spoon to make it about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies start to brown.
These biscuits really do go beautifully with just about anything!
- Berry shortcake: Add a handful of dried strawberries or blueberries to your batter; top with fresh barriers & whipped cream.
- Savoury cheese biscuits: Add ½ a cup of grated cheese & a dash of cayenne pepper to your batter.
- Eggs Benedict: Top with scrambled egg & Hollandaise sauce for a decadent brunch treat!
- Hot & spicy: Top with a spoonful of chilli sauce or relish.
- Sweet cinnamon bun: Add 1tsp of cinnamon to your batter; top with cream cheese.
- More than just a biscuit! Serve these coconut flour beauties with soup, or slice them in half & add your favourite sandwich fillings.
Get creative and find your own way to enjoy these delicious, healthy coconut flour biscuits.