- Specific heart-healthy nutrients in strawberries include vitamin C, potassium, fiber and folate. In addition, strawberries contain antioxidant phytochemicals such as ellagic acid, quercetin, kaempferol and phenolic acid - members of a family of compounds called flavonoids that are being studied for their potential benefits in human health.
- When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
- Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
- One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
- Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
100% dried strawberries, with NO added preservatives.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Disappointing dried strawberries
12 Nov, 2015, By Lyn
I agree with some of the other comments; sandy, gritty and cardboard-like. I found them too hard and dry. Would not recommend or buy again.
23 Apr, 2015, By Diana
Strawberries are wonderful, pity about the sand in some batches. Wont buy this again unfortunately .....too gritty on the teeth. On a positive note the dipped pineapple has no sand traces and is very much worth buying!! In fact running downstairs right now to get a pack.
Will buy again
20 Nov, 2014, By Marian
We enjoy these strawberries a lot! Especially since it is not covered in an oil coating. It is straightforward, dried strawberries!
I add it to my trail mix
31 Oct, 2014, By Lila
Nice as a component in my already delicious grain-free trail mix.
Can't get enough of those dried strawberries.
Can't get enough of those dried strawberries. Just love them with the dried pineapple and walnuts! YUM!
I thought the dried strawberries were going to be delicious, but have found them to be tasteless and it's like eating cardboard!
I thought the dried strawberries were going to be delicious, but have found them to be tasteless and it's like eating cardboard!! Bit of a disappointment - has anyone else said anything!