15 Jan Vegetarian Paleo Chilli Bowl
A Paleo AND Vegetarian Whole30 Chili recipe. (Which means your gluten free friends can also eat this.) Yes, that’s possible. It’s even vegan if you don’t don’t add the egg!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 1/2-3 cups of butternut, cut into cubes (about 1 small squash)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped, or 1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, including the liquid
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Poached or fried eggs, for serving (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or Instant Pot, heat the oil to medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers to the pot, and cook, stirring, until the onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cilantro and eggs) and stir. Cover and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro. Taste, and add more salt, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and throw a poached egg on top if you feel so inclined.
Recipe from perrysplate.com