There’s nothing quite like a relaxing hot soak to beat those chilly winter blues and give your wintry skin some much-needed TLC. Sit back and enjoy a blissful bath-time with this herbal, aromatic bath salts recipe mix. It’s so easy to make at home, using natural mineral salts, essential oils, milk powder and a dash of real petals and herbs. Sheer luxury!
- 1 cup coarse pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- 2Tbsp powdered milk
- 5-10 drops sweet almond oil
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2-3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2-3 drops rose oil
- A handful of rose petals, dried lavender and/ or dried rosemary
- Combine the salts, milk powder & oils in a glass bowl.
- When the ingredients are evenly blended, mix in the dried herbs & petals.
- Spoon the mixture into a clean glass bottle. Seal securely with a cork or lid.
- Add a handful to your bath water for the ultimate luxurious aromatic soak.
What Makes it so Luxurious?
- Himalayan rock salt soothes dry, irritated skin & aching muscles. It has great pH-balancing & detoxing properties.
- Epsom salts soften the skin while soothing aches & pains.
- Milk powder contains lactic acid, which reduces the signs of skin ageing.
- Almond oil is rich in vitamin E, which nourishes the skin & leaves it soft.
- Lavender oil is a gentle antiseptic cleanser with a relaxing scent; great for easing stress & insomnia.
- Rosemary oil stimulates the circulation, which warms the body & promotes healthy skin.
- Rose oil reduces redness, irritation & inflammation, leaving your skin radiant.
- The flowers & herbs add beauty & real luxury to your bath-time experience.