Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: Approximately 10 – 15 small squares blondies
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- ¼ cup date syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
¼ cup water (optional)
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 150ºC and line a square tray with a baking sheet.
- Rinse, de-stem and roughly chop the strawberries. Add to a pot along with the chia seeds and a few tablespoons of water. Bring to boil and leave to simmer until strawberries are mushy and start to thicken.
- In a blender, combine the chickpeas, banana, peanut butter and date syrup. Blend until very smooth. Then add salt, baking powder and coconut flour. Pour ¾ of the batter into the tray. Then top with the strawberry jam and spread evenly. Drop the remaining ¼ of the batter and spread/swirl through the top jammy layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then cover with foil to steam until cool. Enjoy warm as a breakfast treat or as an on-the-go snack. You can freeze the squares for up to 3 months.