Recipe adapted from the Loni Jane Blog by @TheHonestGrazer
Burcha Mix is very versatile, and the ingredients can easily be substituted for other nuts, seeds, grains or fruit. The dried fruits give it a natural sweetness, but you can always add more healthy sweeteners as your heart desires. Personally, I enjoy it most when it’s soaked overnight as the nuts and seeds ‘activate’ in the liquid and are easier to digest.
- ½ Cup activated buckwheat (can substitute for rolled oats)
- ½ Cup flax seeds
- ½ Cup sesame seeds
- ½ Cup sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup chia seeds
- ¼ Cup cacao nibs
- ½ Cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ Cup shredded coconut
- ¼ Cup hemp seeds
- ½ Cup dates, chopped
- ½ Cup dried mango or peaches, chopped
- 1½ Cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 Peach cut into chunks
- Handful fresh blueberries
- ½ Cup Coconut yoghurt or cream (enough for inside and on top)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Mix all the Burcha Mix ingredients until well combined and store in a large glass jar.
- For the Overnight Burcha, take ¾ cup of your Burcha Dry Mix and combine with almond (or coconut) milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Store in a jar in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning serve with your fresh ingredients: fresh peaches, coconut yoghurt, maple syrup or honey, and the left over Burcha Dry Mix sprinkle for extra texture.