The Healing properties of Raw Cacao
- Magnesium Magnesium is the primarily mineral missing when heart problems occur. Magnesium increases the overall vigor of the heart muscle. This mineral also decreases blood coagulation thus lowering blood pressure and helping the heart pump more effectively. Cacao, of course, is a fantastic food source of heart-supporting magnesium.
- Antioxidants According to research cited in The New York Times, fresh cacao beans are super-rich in antioxidant flavonols. Cacao beans contain 10,000 milligrams (10 grams) per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants. This is a whopping 10% antioxidant concentration level! This makes cacao one of the richest sources of antioxidants of any food.
- Anti-Depressant Properties Cacao is a great source of serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine, three well-studied neurotransmitters, which help alleviate depression and are associated with feelings of well being. Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors) that improve our mood because they allow serotonin and dopamine to remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down. Cacao contains anandamide which delivers blissful feelings. Cacao also contains B vitamins, which are associated with brain health. Cacao contains significant quantities of the amino acid tryptophan which is yet another powerful mood-enhancing nutrient. All this makes cacao a natural Anti-Depressant!
- Lose weight, eat chocolate! Anyone who eats chocolate knows that it diminishes appetite. There is evidence indicating MAOIs also diminish appetite. There is actually no scientific evedince to implicate chocolate consumption with obesity. In fact the reverse seems to be the case. Eating cacao helps one to loose weight by allowing you to eat less.
How to use Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
Cacao Nibs have a strong dark bitter chocolate flavour. Sprinkle them over your morning breakfast for a taste and health boost. They can be ground into a rich dark powder using a coffee grinder to make raw desserts of all kinds. Blend them into your favourite smoothies or and them to a trail/snack mix with Goji berries and raisins.
The recommended daily intake is 5 to 20 grams.
* Lifestyle photo by Brett Field Photography
6 out of 6 people would recommend this product08/08/2017, By AstridI just love baking with these - add them to brownies, caramelised them in sugar for a crunchy praline or even make your own chocolate rum with them!
They are quite bitter as they are but can be added to breakfast cereal, smoothies, cookie dough, or brownie mix26/01/2016, By LynNothing against the quality of this product, but it wasnt for me. Flavour was a bit too much.26/10/2015, By KaeylaI sprinkle these into my smoothie after blending so theres something to crunch as well. They
e delicious.07/09/2015, By DianaI love this product so much I mix it with just about everything. It tastes good and its good for you.28/08/2015, By JanineDoes what it says on the tin! Simply cacao nibs. Tasty by themselves for a little cacao hit or sprinkled onto desserts. Would recommend!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.