Nutritional benefits of sesame seeds:
- They’re high in antioxidants, which fight free radical damage & promote a healthy heart
- They’re rich in zinc & calcium, which promote healthy bones & combat osteoporosis
- Sesame seeds are higher in phytosterols than many other nuts & seeds; they’re great for lowering cholesterol levels
- They have a high vitamin E content, which keeps your immune system strong
- Other nutrients in sesame seeds include manganese, copper, iron & phosphorus
Did You Know? Sesame seeds contain a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound known as sesamol, which is largely responsible for its heart-healthy benefits.
Recipe for Sesame Brittle:
- 200g By Nature Organic Sesame Seeds
- 120ml real maple syrup
- 100g coconut sugar
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Grease a baking sheet & a spatula with a little coconut oil.
- Heat the sugar & maple syrup in a saucepan until it turns frothy.
- Lower the heat & add the sesame seeds. Stir for about 5 minutes on a low heat, until the seeds start to brown.
- Spread the mixture quickly & evenly onto the baking sheet with the greased spatula.
- Once the mixture starts to dry, cut into 12 squares & leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! This vegan sesame brittle should keep in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
White sesame seeds, certified organic at source
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product12/08/2016, By RenscheI use it to make a biltong dukkah and it is great.
Take a basic dukkah recipe and mix in some powdered biltong.
I then put it over a green salad or over a baked egg with some cream cheese.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.