Here are some great reasons to eat more linseeds:
- They’re full of Omega 3 fatty acids, which protect your heart while keeping blood pressure & cholesterol levels in check. They also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- They’re a “complete” protein, meaning they contain all essential amino acids your body needs.
- Linseeds are also high in B vitamins, manganese & magnesium.
- A rich source of both soluble & insoluble fibres, which promote a healthy digestive system.
- These seeds are one of the best plant-based sources of lignans, substances that help to fight disease & even combat some types of cancer.
Recipe for Apple & Linseed Porridge:
- 100g oats
- 2 apples, peeled & grated
- 2Tbsp By Nature Brown Linseeds
- ½tsp ground cinnamon (plus extra for topping)
- 500ml almond milk
- 150ml probiotic yoghurt
- Drizzle of honey or agave syrup
- Heat the oats, apples, cinnamon & milk in a pot. Bring to the boil while stirring, then reduce heat & cook for 4-5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the linseeds, then divide the porridge into 4 breakfast bowls.
- Top each bowl with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of honey or agave & a sprinkle cinnamon.
- Brown flax seeds, certified orgganic at source
19 out of 20 people would recommend this product26/10/2020, By AmyFantastic product!04/10/2020, By IConsider changing the packaging as linseed can go rancid when exposed to light.29/09/2020, By BrynnaPerfect for using in seed cycling.11/08/2020, By JacquelineGrind and add to a breakfast mix.
A good addition to a healthy diet.
01/08/2020, By FantasyExcellent02/06/2020, By KarinVery good quality product for all your health needs.01/06/2020, By TalentClean pack of seeds04/11/2019, By LesleyNice nutty texture.
29/09/2019, By AmandaPleasant taste, just packaging not perfect.21/09/2019, By IanRecommended. Always good when organic10/02/2019, By ManooOne of my packets of flax seeds was torn on arrival and all my flax seeds spilled out in the delivery box. That was a huge disappointment. The taste of the flax seed is, however, very full and flavoursome. The packaging is inappropriate.19/10/2018, By MeagenLove the product, a cupboard staple. however, the packaging could be better!03/04/2018, By AlbertusGreat20/02/2018, By AlbertusVery happy16/02/2018, By JeannieGreat quality product02/01/2018, By NVAnother staple of my grocery cupboard.31/12/2017, By Tali4 stars for quality seeds and taste. zero for packaging. I also received a broken package on arrival.09/10/2017, By Marie-EveI used this in my energy balls this week and it was delicious. The packaging could be improved to something more sturdy and resealable.21/06/2017, By RoseUnfortunately the bag was burst on artival19/03/2015, By SaadiekaVery good.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.