22 May How to Draw a Nourishing Bath for Kids
HOW TO DRAW A NOURISHING BATH
* Quantities are for a child’s bath
** The most popular oils for stimulating the immune system and safe for children aged 2+ years are: Frankincense, Tea Tree, Lemon, Grapefruit and Mandarin. Since I tend to bath Mila in the evening and citrus oils energize and spark mental alertness I prefer to use frankincense oil. It has the added benefits of relieving anxiety and producing a sedative effect.
HOW TO DRAW A NOURISHING BATH:
- Add the Bicarb to the bath as you fill it with water.
- The water temperature should be as hot as is comfortable for your little one.
- If your bath water is not filtered, the bicarbonate of soda will help neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increase mineral absorption. Additionally, you can add 1 teaspoon ascorbic powder to neutralize the chlorine.
- Once you have filled the bath with water, add the essential oil and swirl the water to disperse it.
- Finally, add the Apple Cider Vinegar. Please note: Adding the Bicarbonate of Soda at the same time as the Apple Cider Vinegar will create something of a science experiment – the bath water will bubble furiously!
- Let you little one play in the nourishing bath for as long as possible – ideally 20 minutes or more.
- It is preferable to leave washing with soaps for another day – but if you do want to use soap or shampoo, it is important to use organic ones as the skin’s pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals. found in non-organic products.
- Dry your little one and smother in natural body butter.
- Offer your little one lots of water to re-hydrate.
Water quality: I highly recommend having a filter installed to remove harmful chemicals such as chlorine which are found in our municipal water. You want to avoid soaking up the chlorine while you sit in the bath/shower! If you can’t afford a whole-house filtration system / rain water tank system, there are some wonderful shower filters available that simply attach to the shower head that are affordable.