14 Apr Faithful to Nature Opens Flagship Store at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town
In 2006, Robyn Smith wanted the power to choose – so, she created Faithful to Nature to give ordinary people access to honest, affordable, and ethical alternatives that were too few and far between.
Since then, we’ve been changing the world by educating and empowering one curious shopper at a time. Today, as one of South Africa’s favourite online ethical retailers – if we do say so ourselves -,our mission is to accelerate a future where everyone shops consciously: ultimately creating a world where the products we use do not harm us, our communities or our planet.
As Faithful-to-Nature.co.za continues to grow from strength to strength, our unwavering commitment to honesty leads the way forward – right to the doors of our brand new store at the V&A Waterfront!
“There’s always something new being baked at Faithful to Nature, and our latest development of our first flagship store opening at the Waterfront on April 1 leaves me particularly excited as it really is the start of a new era. Our products have all been crafted with such care and this offers our customers the opportunity to get up close and personal with so much of what makes Faithful to Nature special. I have no doubt that our core values will emanate through all the touchpoints of our store in the same way, they do with our deliveries.” – Robyn Smith, FtN founder.
A New Store, a New Conscious Shopper Destination
The store will be open from 9am – 9pm daily at the V&A Waterfront in shop 6102, across from neighbours, Carrol Boyes, Yuppie Chef, Vida e Caffè, and Cotton On! Visit them during their first month and take advantage of launch deals valid only for the month of April. Plus, shop farm-fresh lucky harvest fruit & veg bundles and fill up your water bottles right from the store. If you’re looking for something specific, you can always order online and come collect directly from the new store. For any queries, suggestions, or lovely thank you notes – you can contact our customer service team on 0212017352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faithful to Nature Timeline
- 2006 – Faithful to Nature was founded with a world-first honest ingredient policy.
- 2008 – 22 400 natural and sustainable products were sold.
- 2009 – Faithful to Nature set up its first warehouse in Kommetjie.
- 2009 – 5 000 conscious shoppers visited the Faithful to Nature website for the first time in one month.
- 2009 – 5 000 orders reached conscious shoppers across South Africa.
- 2010 – 45 000 natural and sustainable products were sold.
- 2012 – For the first time, 1 000 natural and sustainable orders were delivered in one month.
- 2014 – Faithful to Nature launched a palm oil-free filter that enables customers to shop products that exclude palm oil, one of the first in the world.
- 2017 – Faithful to Nature launched the plastic-free filter, again that enables customers to shop products that are 100% plastic-free, another one of the world’s first.
- 2017 – 100 000 orders reached conscious shoppers across SA.
- 2018 – Faithful to Nature launched its own brand of products to give shoppers more choice of natural and sustainable goods.
- 2019 – In one month, 250 000 conscious shoppers visited Faithful to Nature’s website for the first time.
- 2019 – 850 000 natural and sustainable products were sold.
- 2020 – For the first time, 20 000 natural and sustainable orders were delivered in 1 month.
- 2021 – Faithful to Nature opened the doors to its flagship store at the V&A Waterfront
There are many reasons to shop at Faithful to Nature, we thought we could highlight a few:
Honest Ingredients, Ethical Suppliers: Our ingredient policy is our greatest promise to our conscious community and as SA’s favourite health and wellness destination – we never compromise on nasty ingredients or let anything unethical slip into the carts of our shoppers. We’re people before profit kind of people – that’ll never change.
Change the Way You Shop and Live: Yes, we’re a retail store. But at the heart of us, we’re held together by ordinary shoppers just like you. It’s our mission to create a better world where the products we buy can’t harm us, our environment, or our communities. We work to empower ordinary shoppers with conscious awareness of their buying power and the impact every cart can have on our world.
Walking, Talking, and Beyond: At Faithful to Nature, you won’t find any greenwashing. We say what we mean, do what we promise, and always strive to find the next best sustainable and innovative solutions as a company. From our 99% waste-free warehouse to giving a portion of our marketing budget to grassroots charities, we walk the walk and talk the talk too.
If you’re confident about becoming a conscious shopper, come visit our new store or sign up for our newsletter to get R100 off your first online order over R400 and all the ethical inspiration you need to get started.”