10 Dec Delish Vegan Christmas Recipes
While traditional Christmas dinners are often centred around a roast turkey or gammon, there are plenty of ways to enjoy a vegetarian or vegan Christmas, with a range of festive dishes that are delicious and satisfying, while staying true to a diet that’s free of animal products. Whether you’re a lifelong vegan, or enjoying your very first festive season as a vegan, take a look at these creative meat-free, dairy-free and egg-free vegan Christmas recipes, and you’re sure to find a dish that delights you.
Vegan “Egg” Nog
The perfect chilled festive refreshment; an egg-free version of traditional Christmas eggnog.
- 2 cups soy milk or almond milk
- ½tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼tsp cloves
- ¼tsp nutmeg
- ½tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 2½tsp grade B maple syrup
- Simply mix all ingredients together in your blender.
- Pour into a glass pitcher & serve over ice, garnished with a cinnamon stick & a sprinkling of nutmeg. This “vegg-nog” is pure Christmas bliss!
Lentil Walnut Roast
A filling and nourishing main dish; this roasted lentil and walnut loaf makes a great vegan alternative to turkey or beef.
- 1 cup red lentils or brown lentils
- 4 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 200g walnuts and/ or cashews, finely chopped in a food processor
- 150g vegan breadcrumbs (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1Tbsp fresh rosemary & sage, chopped
- 2Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 small handful sunflower seeds (plus extra for garnish)
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- Soak the lentils overnight to soften.
- Bring the lentils to a boil with 1-2 cups filtered water in a covered saucepan.
- Reduce to a simmer & add the vegetables until everything is cooked.
- Mix in the nuts & breadcrumbs, until you have a thick mixture (add a little extra water if the mix is too stiff).
- Add the herbs, flour, seeds & salt; mix well.
- Press the mixture into a greased loaf tin, sprinkle sunflower seeds on top & bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 60min.
Gluten-Free Vegan Brandy Cream
An indulgent topping for desserts of all sorts; try this with our gluten-free fruit mince pies (replace the butter with a vegan alternative to make sure your pies are vegan-friendly too)!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups filtered water
- 6Tbsp agave nectar
- 1tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3-4Tbsp brandy
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend the cashews & water in your food processor on high speed.
- Add the agave, brandy, vanilla & salt. Purée until thick & creamy.
- Chill your cream in the fridge before serving, to let it thicken.
- Serve with your favourite vegan Christmas dessert.