This bread flour mix is made with an ultra-nourishing blend of gluten-free ingredients.
- Rice flour is a great source of selenium, manganese & B vitamins
- Potato flour is a “resistant starch” that improves digestion, blood sugar levels & insulin sensitivity
- Chickpea flour is rich in protein, iron, potassium, magnesium & vitamin B6
- Flaxseed powder is an excellent source of fibre, antioxidants & omega-3 fatty acids
- Tapioca flour helps to thicken the mixture during baking & cooking
Store in a cool, dry place, Reseal the zip-lock bag after opening.
Recipe for Brown Bread:
- 470g Health Connection Gluten-Free Brown Bread Flour
- 2tsp instant yeast
- 3/4tsp salt
- 2Tbsp sugar
- 1tsp vinegar
- 350ml warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 2Tbsp oil
- Mix together the flour, yeast, salt & sugar.
- Beat together the milk, eggs & vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix well. Add the oil.
- Place the dough in an oiled loaf tin. Leave in a warm spot for 60 minutes to rise.
- Cover the tin with foil & bake at 220°C for 40-45 minutes.
- Enjoy a hot fresh loaf of delicious, wholesome brown bread!
Rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, chickpea flour, flaxseed powder (4%), xanthan gum
Nutritional information (per 40g serving):
- Energy: 576kJ
- Protein: 2.7g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: 29g
- of which total sugar: 0g
- Total fat: 0.6g
- of which saturated fat: 0.1g
- of which omega-3 fatty acids: 96mg
- Dietary fibre: 2.8g
- Total sodium: 11mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Great gluten free flour
27 Sep, 2016, By Amelia
I decided to write a review because the only other review was from a person who hasn even tried the flour but for some reason decided to point out the flour wasnt paleo or banting, even though no such claims were made and not everyone care about a diet fad. Anyway, I make an incredible gluten free bread with this flour, combined with Health Connections brown bread GF flour and their brown rice flour and soya flour. They e really probably the best GF flour available in SA at the moment.
Not banting or paleo
10 Jul, 2015, By A
I haven tried this product, but I just want to point out that it contains rice and potato flour, neither of which is paleo or banting.