Whether you drink alcohol or not, chilling with a cocktail in your hand is a great way to unwind and experience that holiday feeling. We’ve put together a selection of mocktails and cocktails, each with a healthy superfood twist. So rustle up a dreamy drink, sit back and enjoy the good life!
Iced Lemon Martini
• Combine in a martini shaker, shake
• Pour into chilled martini glass
• Serve with a coconut sugar rim (wet the rim of glasses with lemon juice and dip in a saucer spread with coconut sugar)
Maca Cinnamon Shots
Maca is a superfood with adaptogenic properties, meaning it helps regulate the stress hormones in your body. Not only that, it’s known as an aphrodisiac, not a bad kind of cocktail if you’re wanting to relax and have fun!
• Combine all ingredients together in a blender
• Blend until the mixture is smooth
• Pour into tall shot glasses
• Leave it for 3-5 minutes so the chia seeds can soften
Best Superfood on the market!
26 Aug, 2015, By Tracy My husband and I both use this Maca powder as part of our daily diet. It is an excellent energy food when added into smoothies and keeps us going throughout the day. I also add it into dehydrated muesli, and it is delicious when added into cooked oats. We found that Maca also boosts the immune system, keeps us healthy and balances hormones. This definitely is THE BEST Superfood on the market!
[add-to-bag productid=” 1379″ variantgroup=”180″ variantvalue=”1444″]
- Pop in a blender and whizz until smooth
(Via Stuck On Sweet)
Freshly Juiced Sangria
• 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1 cup coconut water
• Juice of 1 large lemon
• 1 ½ cups large chopped pineapple
• 3 Kiwis, peeled and chopped
• 5 large strawberries, sliced
• 1 ½ cups sparkling water or club soda
• ¼ cup xylitol for coated glass rim (optional)
• Juice the oranges
• Juice the lemon
• Pour liquids into a large jug
• Add the chopped pineapple, chopped kiwi and sliced strawberries
• Pour 1 cup soda or sparkling water into the mixture
• Pop in the fridge for 2 hours
• Then add another 1/2 cup club soda/sparkling water
• Pour xylitol in a shallow dish
• With a slice of orange, wet the rims of your glasses
• Dip the wet glass edges in the xylitol to coat
• Pour sangria into glasses over ice
(Via via naturalsweetrecipes)
Ginger Kombucha Cocktail
Kombucha is a deliciously tangy health drink packed with healthy bacteria for your gut and loads of nutrients, that has that refreshing cocktail twist with health benefits too.
• Crushed ice
• Ginger Kombucha
• Fill a small glass with crushed ice
• Pour in 1 part vodka and 1 part kombucha
• Add a few sprigs of mint and a lemon slice
Amazing for gut health and super tasty
18 Nov, 2015, By Warren I absolutely LOVE this entire product range. Being someone that has suffered from health issues and turned to nutrition for the answer, I love how Theonista has created an amazing range of delicious flavours, is by far the biggest kombucha brand in SA, but still retains all their authenticity and bottles everything by hand the old school craft way. Thanks for the great products and keep up the great work!
[add-to-bag productid=”3821″ variantgroup=”1173″ variantvalue=”3944″]
Pineapple, coconut water, lime & vodka cocktail with mint
Coconut water is a wonderful rehydrator and packed with electrolytes. It’s known to be a good hangover remedy, so adding it to your tot may just be the perfect buffer.
• ½ pineapple
• 1 cup of ice
• 2 cups chilled coconut water
• 1 cup vodka (best kept in the freezer)
• 2 limes
• Fresh mint
• Remove the core and skin of the pineapple
• Add to your high speed blender
• Add the vodka, ice, coconut water, juice of one of the limes, 2 mint leaves
• Blend until smooth
• Pour into glasses
• Squeeze in a lime wedge
• Serve with a sprig of mint
For more inspiration for super cocktails and mocktails, visit our Pinterest page.