Maca is a wonderful superfood and will benefit you in the following:
- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-14% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell. Which basically means more enzymes in your diet equal a longer and healthier life.
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Dried maca powder contains 60% carbohydrates, 9% fiber, and slightly more than 10% protein. It has a higher lipid (fat) content than other root crops (2.2%).
- But most importantly - it is an adaptogen so it "adapts" to your body's metabolism, working with your body for optimum results. It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. This is an excellent supplement during pregnancy.
- Maca tastes malted, like Horlicks so try adding it to smoothies or as a great addition to desserts and sweet treats.
- For a delicious rich and malty smoothie, add 1- 2 Tablespons of Maca powder. It can also be added to Raw Chocolates.
Organic maca root powder.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Faithful to nature is severy overpriced
07 Feb, 2017, By Nici
This exact same product you can purchase for R60 less at Naturalwise and for an order of any size it is R60 transport. Why inflate the prices on your products so extremely?
26 Aug, 2016, By Estelle
I use it in a smoothie together with wheat grass, spirulina, coco powder and I recently found out it is also good for menopause.Also very professional and speedy service.
Great brand, great product
16 Feb, 2016, By Karen
Been using this for years.
Nice to be able to buy on-line.
11 Feb, 2016, By Kim
I happened to have blood glucose tests the morning I added this product to my breakfast... my results were significantly higher than normal. I went straight home and checked the nutritional info on the back of the packet to discover it is more or less 1/4 sugar which is mortifying, for someone like me who avoids fructose is aware of its devastating effects. This is completely my fault... I should have checked this before purchasing. Such a waste of $$
30 Jan, 2016, By Maristi
It is a wonderful addition to smoothies and hot chocolate.
Master of Superfoods!
15 Nov, 2015, By Catherine
I have only recently started using Maca root powder; and I know it has numerous benefits (an increased in energy is already felt!); but as an avid Horlicks fan, this tastes NOTHING like it at all! It does taste malty, but I found it was almost savoury; almost cheesy! Im really not at all sold on the flavour, so I mask it by adding it to other stronger flavoured foods... Just my few cents on the topic!
28 Aug, 2015, By Lucia
Excellent product in a smoothie, packed with goodness and vuma! Love it.
Best Superfood on the market!
26 Aug, 2015, By Tracy
My husband and I both use this Maca powder as part of our daily diet. It is an excellent energy food when added into smoothies and keeps us going throughout the day. I also add it into dehydrated muesli, and it is delicious when added into cooked oats. We found that Maca also boosts the immune system, keeps us healthy and balances hormones. This definitely is THE BEST Superfood on the market!
01 Aug, 2015, By Baboloki Neo
I have been adding Maca powder in my tea and smoothies and its working really well for me so far. I am still getting used to the malty taste, but anyway, great stuff. I am taking it to balance my hormones and improving fertility.
15 Dec, 2014, By hestie
The pack I had was extremely bitter, adding it with Boab Powder makes it palatable, other wise no ways I could drink it
I am in love and it is healthy!!
14 Jul, 2014, By Candice
My fiancÚ and I have been striving to go organic in every aspect of our lives, realising of course that this was the way forward to better health. My fiancÚ was diagnosed with ADHD very early in his life and as unknown Doctors do these days prescribed that horrible rittalin (spelling) to him. Needless to say it did more harm than good. after extensive research on Maca we decided together to try it and I placed my order with Faithful to Nature and received my order within two days (amazing service may I add) we have both been on Maca now for going on three weeks and oh my goodness I love it, It took some getting used to for me as the taste was foreign but not unpleasant. My fiancÚ has calmed down and the results speak for themselves as he is able to concentrate and our over all energy levels are amazing. I would definitely recommend this to anyone (and have been) who is willing to listen, my next order will include the Coconut oil with my Maca. I am in love and it is healthy!!
I have never had so much energy before.
13 Oct, 2013, By Reinhard
I have never had so much energy before. I take it every day.
Really delicious! I add it to my smoothie every morning.