- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds. The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits.
The taste of chia is very mild and pleasant and it can be easily combined with other foods without altering the taste dramatically. Chia can be added to recipes to provide more bulk and nutritional density. The most common way to eat chia is to first soak the seeds. They rapidly absorb a large amount of liquid, between 9-12 times their volume, in under 10 minutes. Chia can be used as a gel or in its whole seed form. Add it to smoothies, mix it in with salad dressings, puddings or sauces or simply eat it by the spoonful.
Organic chia seeds.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
28 Jul, 2016, By Usma
I was really happy with my purchase and service that I got , until I saw that food lovers market has the exact same product for R60!
26 Jan, 2016, By ashleigh
This is a staple in my house. A real little super seed and tastes good too!
14 Sep, 2015, By Kelly
Chai seeds are the food of the gods! :D Absolutely love them and the energy they provide. So delicious when soaked in almond milk :)
I Love Chia Seeds
30 Aug, 2015, By Tracy
I LOVE CHIA SEEDS! What a fantastic way to get those essential omegas into my diet. I add Chia into my cooked oats and into smoothies. It is really good in dehydrated muesli, granola and baked cookies, muffins and cakes. I also use it to make puddings and jams.
28 Aug, 2015, By Lucia
Packed with goodness and organic! What more can I say :)
Chia Seeds Are Awesome
19 Jun, 2015, By Anna-Marie
I use Chia seeds in my breakfast every morning. I use oats, chia seeds, honey, yoghurt and coconut milk. I make it in consol bottles on a Sunday and it last a whole week. It is so tasty. I also add a spoon of Chia seeds to my water. It just ads that extra yum to water.
Clever Organic Chia Seeds
15 Apr, 2014, By Sam
Clever Organic Chia Seeds
These little seeds I use as my cereal most mornings, made like in the
RAWlicious book, it makes a yummy breakfast. Just soak the seeds in water,
add some almond milk / rice milk, until it has a gel consistency - then add
cinnamon, raisins, white mulberries, honey or agave and some cocoa nibs.
Sit back and enjoy - I am telling you I just feel a whole lot more clever
when I start my day off like this - with the much needed brain food Omegas!