13 May Buttery Indian-Spiced Vegan Potato Curry
We’ve rustled up this Indian-inspired vegan potato curry with hints of coconut and ginger to warm up even the greyest day.
Not only is this tasty, spice-rich dish the ultimate comfort food, it’s super quick and easy to prepare, too – simply fry some onions, pop all the ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Add some perfectly cooked basmati rice, quinoa or other grain of choice and – voila! A healthy and delicious weeknight dinner.
Feeling inspired? Up the ante with your own homemade rotis or naan bread with this gluten-free premix made with macadamia flour from the Red Basket Food Company.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat, add garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes and spices and stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer and add the potatoes. Cover and let simmer until potatoes are softened, 10-15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice and fresh coriander. This tastes even better the next day!
Recipe adapted from One Green Planet.