26 Jul Vegan Red Kidney Bean Curry
This recipe was made by Lien Vanneste- the foodie founder of the Instagram page @Vegan_Meal_prep_Sundays.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Piece of fresh ginger, minced
- Big handful of coriander or flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly shredded and stalks finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 2 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup red kidney beans, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cup of shredded kale
- Cooked (in the slow cooker) short grain brown rice, to serve
- Cook the the red kidney beans for 12 mins on high pressure in the pressure cooker. Drain the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on the stove on medium heat. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and coriander or parsley stalks and cook for a few more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 more minute! Add the canned tomatoes, beans and water and then bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 mins. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the shredded kale and continue to simmer for 1 more minute until wilted.
- Serve with the short grain brown rice and coriander.