- Red Kidney Beans have a firm creamy flesh and a full bodied flavour, making them great as a meat replacement and for bulking up soups and stews
- Product of China, packed in South Africa
- High in iron, an important component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in fibre to aid in digestion and maintain digestive health
- High in manganese which acts as an antioxidant and fights free radicals within the body
- High in folate to help bodies generate new cells and aid in healthy pregnancy
- High in B vitamins that help maintain energy levels throughout the day
- Cooking beans from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- To soak overnight: rinse and cover with water in a non-metal container. Leave to stand for 12 hours.
- Quick soak: cover black-eye beans with water (about 2cm above the beans), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cooking method: rinse well, cover with generous amount of water and simmer gently for 1 ½ hours until done
- Cooking tip: only mix in salt and vegetables when the beans begin to soften
10 out of 10 people would recommend this product15/08/2020, By TalyaGreat beans for a bean salad or soup. Good price too30/06/2020, By NokuphilaThese beans took me back to my high school days at a boarding school. they were the staple food. Then, having such a lovely encounter with them in 2020 through FTN, oh! wow!. I love these beans. I am definetly buying them again26/05/2020, By POSHLOVE THE USE OF NATURAL PRODUCTS SOOOO GOOD FOR THE ENGINE06/05/2020, By ElderPerfect for chiles and stews04/05/2020, By LeeanneGood quality beans, and go a long way. Kidney beans are one of 3 beans that digest well for me and so nutritious! Good for B blood group vegetarian diets. I'd recommend soaking beans in warm salted water overnight, and then rinsing thoroughly before pressure cooking on high for about 25min for maximum nutrition, digestion and absorption.27/04/2020, By PiaI stocked up when there were no tinned beans to be had at the shops... and I'm glad I did - these were delicious!16/11/2018, By JeannieLovely, creamy beans18/08/2018, By NewgirlharperA real necessity in a vegan pantry. I really appreciate the fact that it is not genetically modified.02/08/2018, By JeanetteAnother great bean to have in the pantry - and GMO free!24/03/2018, By NickyQuality great, love that truefood is NON-GMO.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.