17 Jun Top Tim Noakes Diet Tips: Recipes & Shopping List
You’ve got to admit the Tim Noakes Diet sounds appealing – plenty of filling foods, plenty of flavour and the chance to enjoy a leaner, fitter, healthier lifestyle! However, cutting out those carbs and sugar can be tougher than it sounds. So to simplify things, we’ve found you a few fab Paleo-friendly recipes, plus our own essential shopping list for aspiring “Banters”.
1. Double Cream Yoghurt, Almond & Strawberry Smoothie
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 150ml double cream yoghurt
- 100g frozen strawberries
- 10 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth.
2. Nut Granola
- 100g walnuts
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 100g almond flakes
- 3tsp coconut oil
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp ginger
- ½tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Chop the nuts roughly & mix well.
- Fry the coconut oil & spices in a pan, then add the nuts & toast them lightly.
- Place on an oven tray & bake for 10min.
- Serve with coconut milk yoghurt. Makes 12-15 servings; store in an airtight container until use.
1. Wilted Onion & Walnut Spinach
- 200g baby spinach, washed & roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 40g butter/ coconut oil
- ½tsp sumac/ lemongrass
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion & butter in a pot, until the onions become translucent.
- Add the spinach & stir until cooked (excess liquid should have evaporated).
- Add sumac, lemon juice, walnuts & mint. Stir well.
- Season to taste & enjoy!
2. Cauliflower Rice (“Cauli-Rice”)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 100g butter/ coconut oil
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, then pulse in a food processor until you have a fine consistency similar to couscous.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan & sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the cauliflower & mix thoroughly. Cover the pan & cook for 5-8min on medium heat.
- The perfect grain-free rice substitute for Paleo-friendly meals!
Sage & Blue Cheese Roasted Gem Squash
- 4 gem squash, cut in half & seeds removed
- 150g blue cheese
- 1 handful sage leaves
- 100g butter/ coconut oil
- Steam or boil the squash until soft & tender.
- Place squash halves on a tray & crumble the blue cheese over each one.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then gently fry the sage leaves until they turn golden.
- Spoon the sage butter over each squash.
- Grill in the oven until the cheese turns dark brown.
The Must-Have Tim Noakes Shopping List:
- The Real Meal Revolution cookbook
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
- Organic protein shakes
- Superlite noodles
- Flax meal
- Natural nut butters
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Organic herbs & spices
- Psyllium husk
- HSO (Homeostatic Soil Organism) Probiotics
- Pure Garcinia Cambogia (promotes weight loss)
- Anti-Toxin supplement
- Acai berry powder