This recipe uses date syrup – a delicious natural liquid sweetener- instead of sugar, so now you can indulge in this sweet treat guilt-free!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (more to taste, if desired)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup raw cashews, raw & unsalted
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 230g silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp Xantham Gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Silan Date Syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut blossom sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice from 1-2 lemons (more to taste, if desired)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Blueberries to garnish
- Pour boiling water over the cashews and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix all the crust ingredients together until a moisture soil-like texture is achieved. The flours should stick together when pressed. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into a round, free-foam cake tin. Be sure that the base is firm and evenly distributed.
- Bake for ±10 minutes: the edges of the crust should be browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a NutriBullet, or any other powerful blender, add the filling ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon into the crust tin and smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes. Check at 30 minutes, if base has stopped wobbling, it is ready to take out of the oven. If not, continue to bake for another 15. Allow to cool before placing in fridge overnight.
- Serve with blueberries, or any seasonal fruit.
If you enjoyed this, check out these other recipes created using date syrup: