26 Jun Date Syrup, Sesame Oil and Dark Chocolate Biscuits
- 120g Muscovado sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 80ml toasted sesame oil
- 1 large, free-range egg
- 240g self-raising flour
- 3 TBSP almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 85g Silan Natural Date Syrup
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 2TBSP white sesame seeds (plus extra for sprinkling)
- Heat oven to 180̊C.
- Whisk Muscovado sugar and sesame oil until lighter in colour and air-rated (±8mins at high speed on a stand-up mixer).
- Crack the egg into the mixture and mix well. It will turn a creamy colour.
- Sift the flour and salt and combine with the wet ingredients. Add the Silan Natural Date Syrup and sesame seeds.
- Fold through the chocolate.
- Line a baking tray and, using a 1tsp measuring spoon, dole out the batter onto the baking sheet. Leave 3cm between dollops. Sprinkle with Muscovado sugar and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes.