26 Jun Sweet Potato Flatbread with Date Syrup
- Place flour into stand up mixer bowl with the sourdough starter, yeast and salt. Knead to form dough (±10minutess).
- Place dough in a bowl with a dusting of flour. Cover with cling film and allow to double in volume for 2 hours in a quiet corner of the kitchen.
- Heat oven to 200̊C. Stretch the dough into a rectangular shape and arrange on the greased baking tray.
- 1 small pink skinned sweet potato
- 1 pear
- 1 log goats milk cheese (optional)
- salt and cracked black pepper
- a generous drizzle of Silan Natural Date Syrup
- Using a mandolin on a fine setting, slice the sweet potato and pear.
- Arrange the toppings on the flatbread dough.
- Dot cheese around the dough, season and pour oil over the base (for a vegan option, don’t add any of the goat’s cheese).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of Silan Natural Date Syrup and some rocket micro herbs.