28 Jan Romantic Paleo Valentine’s Day Recipes
If you and your sweetheart are committed to the Paleo/Banting lifestyle, you might be wondering how to treat each other this Valentine’s Day without all the sugar and carbs that are usually involved. Get inspired with these delightfully delicious Paleo Valentine’s Day recipes, which can easily be made using our natural and organic Banting ingredients. These decadent desserts will add some real romantic flair to your celebrations.
Grain-Free No-Sugar Sugar Cookies
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 2tsp coconut oil
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- ½tsp baking soda
- ¼tsp sea salt
- 1tsp coconut flour for dusting
- 6Tbsp coconut butter
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter, chopped
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut milk, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking tray with parchment paper & set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, honey, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda & salt in a blender & process for about 30 seconds, until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Flatten the ball of dough into a disk (approx. ½” thick); wrap in cling film & refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper; keep it about ¼” thick.
- Remove the top parchment sheet & dust the top of the dough with 1tsp coconut flour, rubbing it in slightly with your fingers.
- Dip a heart-shaped cookie cutter in a little flour, then cut out your shapes.
- Bake on the lined tray for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack while you make the frosting.
- Warm the cacao butter & coconut butter over low heat until melted. Pour into a bowl, whisk in the coconut milk & honey. Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes to set.
- Pulse the chilled mixture a few times in your blender until smooth & fluffy.
- Top Tip: You can add 1Tbsp of finely ground frozen strawberries or raspberries to the blender, to make a natural food colouring, or simply leave the icing white if you prefer.
- Spread the frosting over your sugar cookies; or get creative & use a piping bag to make delicate designs or even write messages!
Strawberry Paleo Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries, cut into quarters
- 3Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Thoroughly mix together the coconut milk, honey & vanilla over a low heat; pour into a small bowl & place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Heat the strawberries in a small saucepan until they begin to simmer, and then keep on a low heat until they are reduced to a pulp.
- After 2 hours, mix the strawberry pulp & coconut milk.
- Process the mixture in your ice cream maker as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries & a sprig of mint. Serve & enjoy!
Dark Chocolate & Walnut Paleo Fudge
- 1 cup coconut butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut cream (you can thicken coconut milk by refrigerating it)
- ½ cup whole dates
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the walnuts in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 15-20 minutes, until golden, stirring at occasional intervals. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the water & dates in a saucepan & heat to a simmer. Cook until soft (5-10 minutes).
- Strain the dates, place in a food processor & blend on high until you have a thick date paste. Add the coconut cream to the food processor & blend until fully mixed.
- Scoop the mixture into a larger mixing bowl. Stir in the melted coconut butter & oil.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until fully combined into a smooth paste.
- Add 1 cup of the walnuts into the mixture & stir until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the fudge mixture into a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining walnuts.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap & chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour, until the fudge is set. Cut into even squares using a sharp knife. Serve & savour!