- 18% fat organic coconut milk
- Source of MCFAs (medium-chain fatty acids)
- No preservatives or synthetic pesticides
- No GMO ingredients
- Gluten-free, Paleo/ Banting-friendly
- A lactose-free alternative to dairy milk
- BPA free packaging
Store in a cool dry place. After opening, transfer to a non-metallic container and refrigerate. Use within 2 days.
Coconut milk is a delicious and versatile ingredient, but there are plenty of great health-related reasons to enjoy it too:
Including coconut milk in your diet helps to build the immune system naturally. Coconut milk is a source of lauric acid, capric acid, and antimicrobial lipids; these goodies are antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, protecting the body against all sorts of ailments.
Coconut milk is high in calcium, magnesium, selenium and phosphorus. These nourishing minerals all have great health benefits; calcium and phosphorus build strong bones, selenium is a potent antioxidant, while magnesium promotes a healthy nervous system.
The MCFAs in coconut milk help to regulate blood pressure, control cholesterol and promote healthier blood lipid levels. Lauric acid also helps to maintain a healthy elasticity in the blood vessels.
Coconut milk is rich in antioxidant vitamin E, which nourishes your skin and your hair from the inside out.
Don’t let all this talk of “fats” scare you off if you’re looking to keep your weight in check. The healthy (medium-chain) fats in pure coconut milk can actually help you feel fuller and satisfied for longer, controlling your appetite and curbing unwanted cravings. Plus the medium-chain fatty acids give your metabolism a boost, helping you to burn fat more efficiently. As part of a calorie-controlled diet, coconut milk can prove to be a handy weight loss ally.
Recipe for Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Mash:
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2-3Tbsp packed brown sugar (to taste)
- 2Tbsp unsalted butter
- 7.5ml vanilla bean paste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a sharp knife & place them on the baking sheet.
- Cook until tender; remove from the oven & rest until cool.
- Remove the potatoes from the skins & mash until smooth.
- Combine the coconut milk, sugar, butter & vanilla paste in a saucepan, with a dash of cinnamon & a pinch of salt.
- Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted & sugar dissolved. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Add the warmed milk mixture to the sweet potatoes a few spoons at a time.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth & fluffy.
- Season to taste & serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley or coconut flakes.
Certified organic coconut, water
Nutritional information (per 50ml serving):
- Energy: 349kJ
- Protein: 0.7g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: 1g
- of which total sugar: 0g
- Total fat: 9g
- of which trans-fat: 0g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Dietary fibre: 0.7g
- Total sodium: 9mg
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product11/10/2017, By rochelleMy favourite on the market!30/08/2017, By SabineThick and creamy25/07/2017, By TammyBest one on the market by far30/06/2017, By HelenaLoving this with my coffee. A creamy substitute to get me off my dairy cuppachino addiction.20/06/2017, By TammyThis is a great product tastes amazing and easy to open can01/10/2016, By JemA nice build up of cream on the top of the tin as you open it. Pricy but good quality.30/09/2016, By DeanneFantastic product without the aftertaste of preservatives. Absolutely delicious and freezes beautifully too.23/06/2016, By MaritaThis is my absolute favourite! Best quality ever!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.