Benefits of coconut butter:
- Rich in lauric acid (antibacterial, antiviral & antifungal)
- Full of essential fatty acids
- A healthy source of energy
- Easy to digest
- Promotes healthy thyroid & liver function
There are so many ways to enjoy coconut butter:
- Add it to smoothies & desserts
- Use it to make dairy-free frosting
- Spread it over pancakes, bread or toast
- Use a dollop to top fruit salad, yoghurt or cereal
- Add to creamy mashed potatoes instead of butter
- Stir a small spoonful into your coffee!
How it’s made: The fresh coconuts are cracked open and the “meat” (the white flashy part of the fruit) is extracted and cleaned. After that’ it’s juiced to extract the milk and cream, and then dehydrated and churned into rich and creamy coconut butter!
Coconut Butter vs Coconut Oil:
Coconut butter contains the actual “meat” of the coconut, while coconut oil has been cold pressed out of the meat. Coconut butter is thicker and creamier, while coconut oil is liquid (at room temperature). Both are delicious and full of goodness!
Recipe for Coconut Buttercream Frosting:
- 250g (1 jar) Kitchen Garden Raw Coconut Butter
- 2Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1tsp raw honey
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- Simply mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth & creamy.
- Spread over a batch of cupcakes & enjoy!
Certified organic coconut
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Most delicious thing Ive tasted
30 Nov, 2015, By Sanja
While Ive seen the other reviews, I find this the most delicious thing Ive tasted in a long time. It provides all the benefits of coconut oil, but tastes WAY better. Absolutely delicious!!
not what I expected
14 Apr, 2015, By Eileen
This was a bit of a letdown for me,because I really like coconut products. But this was so hard to get out of the jar. Solid, even during summer.
12 Jan, 2015, By Alex
I was eager to try coconut butter as I was looking to avoid the additives in canned coconut milk/cream, but I was slightly disappointed by this product. It is very gritty - like eating mushy desiccated coconut. Best for uses where you wouldn notice the bits of coconut, and if you do add it to coffee, wait a minute for the particles to sink to the bottom. The murky colour is a little off putting, but it has a pleasant, mild taste that won overpower other flavours. While it is nice to have on hand for a quick coconut fix, overall I don think its worth the cost - if you are interested in trying coconut butter, best to make your own in a food processor.