22 Sep Must-Have Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe for Spring
Dinner parties, picnics and lazy lunches in the sun with your loved ones – these are a few of the joys of Spring, and even better, your local organic fruit and veg shop will be bursting with all that juicy fresh produce Spring/ Summer produce you love so much! To celebrate the arrival of Spring, why not try out this truly fabulous raw vegan treat – a decadent cheesecake dessert that’s still 100% vegan and raw! Go grab a few fresh punnets of strawberries, fire up your food processor, and try out this sweet indulgence. Perfect for your next Spring picnic.
This delicious raw cake base should actually be perfect with any fruity cheesecake filling and topping recipe you want to try!
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight & roughly chopped
- ½ cup agave syrup or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (32oz.) fresh ripe strawberries hulled & halved
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight & roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2Tbsp agave or coconut nectar
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw coconut oil, melted
The Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3Tbsp agave or coconut nectar
- Set 8 or 9 extra strawberries aside for the topping
- Lightly grease a spring-form cheesecake pan with coconut oil.
- Pulse the pecans, almonds & salt in a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the dates & pulse, until you have a dough that holds together when you squeeze it between your fingers.
- Firmly press the dough into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Pulse the cashews in your food processor until crumbly. Add the agave, water, lime juice & vanilla; purée until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add the strawberries through the top of the food processor & purée until the mixture turns pink. Add the melted coconut oil in a steady stream while you keep blending.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan; it will have the consistency of a smoothie before it sets. Cover with plastic wrap & place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Pulse the cashews until crumbly. Add the water, agave & vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Stream in the coconut oil until combined. Pour into a bowl & cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for about 2 hours.
The Strawberry Sauce:
- Ideally you should prepare the topping sauce close to serving time. Simply mash the fresh strawberries & agave until you have a sweet red syrupy mixture.
Put it All Together!
- Remove the cake from the pan.
- Place several even dollops of frosting around the cake’s perimeter & one in the centre.
- Slice the tops off the 8 or 9 strawberries you set aside; place them upside-down into the frosting mounds.
- Drizzle each slice of cake with strawberry sauce, serve & enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Post-Punk Kitchen. Check out more scrumptious vegan recipes on this cool site.