24 Jan Powerful Post-Workout Blueberry Popsicles
Honestly, what on this beautiful earth could be better than eating an ice-cream after a workout? It is the perfect combination of anti-oxidants, protein and energising ingredients for a delicious restorative blueberry smoothie popsicle.
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1½ tsp maca root powder
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt (or Greek yoghurt)
- ¼ cup water
- 4 Scoops vegan strawberry protein powder
- Granola and a nut butter of choice for topping (I just love the Cocomi Coconut Cashew Spread).
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into moulds, top with granola and push in wooden sticks before placing in the freezer to set overnight
- Before removing each popsicle from the mould allow them to defrost for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy on a hot summer’s day after your workout, or serve as a super boost to friends as a healthy dessert.