10 Oct Try These Amazing Vanilla Recipes
We’re so excited about the new arrivals in out online organic store; a luxurious gourmet vanilla product selection from Vanilla Man. The foodies among us really can’t wait to get into the kitchen and get creative with these vanilla beauties! So of course we thought we’d find a deliciously decadent vanilla recipe to share with all our Faithful fans as well.
This gourmet creation is vegan-friendly and gluten-free; baker and blogger Sugar Mama has put together a divine recipe that can be used to make a vanilla cake, or a batch of cupcakes. Perfect for a spot of weekend baking!
Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Cake
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ½tsp sea salt
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1tsp gluten-free baking soda
- 1tsp xanthan gum
- 1Tbsp Vanilla Man vanilla paste OR vanilla powder
- ½ cup plain coconut milk OR almond milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 3Tbsp coconut oil OR grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
Sugar Mama says: This mixture should make 12-14 cupcakes, two 7” cakes or one large 9” cake. Check out Sugar Mama’s recipe here.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Measure the coconut/ almond milk into a measuring cup & add the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add all liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fill your cupcake wrappers or greased cake pans with the batter (Hint: Grease your pans with a little coconut oil).
- Cupcakes: Bake for 15-20 minutes; Cake: Bake for 30 minutes.
Now, how about topping your cake with some delicious vanilla-pear frosting?
Easy Vanilla Frosting
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1Tbsp raw agave
- 1Tbsp Vanilla Man vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 small pears
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1Tbsp glucomannan powder or cornstarch
- Drain the cashews. Place them in a high-speed blender with the pears, agave, vanilla & salt. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- While the blender is running, drizzle in the coconut oil. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Add the glucomannan or cornstarch to thicken the mixture; blend just until it’s been mixed in.
- Spread this velvety frosting on your vanilla cake or cupcakes, and enjoy!
(Non-vegans can check out the original recipe at Nouveau Raw; a delicious raw honey and pear frosting.)
Shop online for our delicious, authentic vanilla goodies, and share your favourite recipes with us!