19 Apr Air-fried Gluten-free Falafel Balls
- ½ Cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 Cup parsley leaves (chopped)
- Dried chickpeas (soaked)
- 1 Small onion
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cooking spray or grapeseed oil
- Place the raw chickpeas in a large bowl, submerge in water, and soak for 18-24 hours. Then, drain the chickpeas and use a paper towel to lightly pat them.
- Blend all ingredients together for about 20 seconds, then scrape down the sides and repeat the blend. Do this until your falafel mixture is well combined, but not mushy. Place your mix in the fridge for 45-60 minutes.
- To make your falafels scoop a small bit of mixture and roll it into a ball between both palms. Then, lightly spray the falafel balls with cooking spray or coat in some grapeseed oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Spray the air fryer base and cook them at 190 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping them over at 10 minutes. When they’re ready, they’ll be crispy and lightly browned on the outside. Repeat the process until all your falafel dough is cooked.
- Serve warm with a delicious hemp and garlic dipping sauce.