Wow folks, to think that just the other day we were sharing green Christmas tips and New Year inspiration! Just like that, Valentine’s Day is around the corner and it’s that time of year when we find ourselves surrounded by cuddly teddies, red roses, and of course a never-ending array of sweet and sugary treats.
For many lovebirds out there, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to indulge a little – but for those of you who find it comes a little too hot on the heels of your healthy New Year resolutions, you’ll be pleased to hear there are plenty of wholesome alternatives to traditional Valentine’s candy. For example, these decadent peanut butter cups are sugar-free, gluten-free AND dairy-free – a real sweet treat without the guilt.
Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Cups
• Melt the carob chips and coconut oil together in a pot on the stove. Stir until you have a completely smooth chocolaty mixture.
• Mix the peanut butter and stevia together in a separate bowl.
• Use silicone cupcake moulds or mini cupcake paper liners; add a teaspoon of the chocolate mixture to each one.
• Add ½ a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the chocolate mix. Then cover the peanut butter with 1 more teaspoon of chocolate.
• Top with crushed peanuts.
• Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Makes 12 beautifully bite-sized portions. Enjoy!
Find more delicious sugar-free recipes like this one at www.sugarfreemom.com