16 Feb Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Third in the Faithful to Nature and InstaEats Cape Town food series is the super healthy superfood smoothie bowl. Check out their Chocolate and Banana Protein Pancakes and Chocolate Bark recipes for more healthy cooking inspiration.
For this recipe they went full-on healthy New Year Resolutions vibe with a superfood smoothie bowl, which includes all the nutrients and vitamins you need to kickstart your day #InstaEatsIsCooking.
FOR THE BOWL
- 1/2 Ripe avocado
- 2 Medium ripe bananas, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible) – use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie
- 2 Large handfuls spinach (organic when possible)
- 1 Tsp of Matcha
- 1½ – 2 Cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (DIY or store-bought – will depend on if your berries are frozen)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed powder
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Handful Goji Berries
- A small handful goji Berries
- A small handful raspberries
- A small handful shredded unsweetened coconut
- A small handful sunflower seeds
- Add frozen banana slices, milk, matcha powder, and spinach to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana (or a touch of maple syrup or stevia) for sweetness, matcha for more intense green tea flavor, or more milk for creaminess (note that adding more matcha powder adds more caffeine, so use your best discretion).
- Put into serving bowl and top with desired toppings.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep well sealed in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.