What nutritional goodness does flax meal offer you?
- Rich in fibre, promotes healthy digestion & keeps you regular
- A complete protein source, containing all essential amino acids
- Source of omega-3 fatty acid; a great anti-inflammatory that promotes heart health & brain health
- A good source of lignans, plant oestrogens which help with hormonal balance
Adding more flax to your diet helps to keep cholesterol, blood pressure and blood glucose levels in check.
Recipe for Flax Meal Microwave Breakfast Pudding:
A quick and easy recipe for cold mornings!
- ¼ cup Health Connection Flaxseed Powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- Honey or agave to taste
- Handful of fresh or frozen berries & nuts
- Mix the flax powder, egg & water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for approx. 45 seconds.
- Mix in the berries & nuts; a spoonful of peanut butter makes a great addition too.
- Microwave for 45-60 more seconds.
- Stir & enjoy!
Packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present.
Nutritional Information (per 1Tbsp serving):
- Energy: 111kJ
- Protein: 2.9g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: <1g
- Of which total sugar: 0.1g
- Total fat: 1g
- Of which saturated fat: 0.1g
- Of which omega-3 fatty acids: 540mg
- Dietary fibre: 2.5g
- Total sodium: 3mg
8 out of 8 people would recommend this product13/02/2018, By MalikBlends perfectly with my morning oats...09/02/2018, By CarinaDon't really like the taste of flaxseeds. But I just add this powder to smoothies or pancakes and it doesn't affect the taste at all. Very happy with the product.19/10/2017, By SharonI enjoyed changing over to the powder from the seeds, as it doesn't get stuck in my teeth. I add it to my oats at breakfast everyday to keep me regular...this has been a huge plus during my pregnancy to avoid constipation as I suffer from wheat/gluten intolerance.16/09/2017, By PjThis my 'go to' when my digestive system is acting up, it really helps regulate things. I take it with bentonite clay as a detox drink30/06/2017, By Aus Dee DeeI love this mega food, I drink it every day before work.30/05/2017, By AnnieSuper healthy... I love adding this to my smoothies!!!23/05/2017, By FatimaFlaxseed powder is great for making "flax eggs" in vegan baking recipes. I also use it in smoothies.29/10/2015, By AnnelizeGreat product at a good price. Great source of protein and some good fats, a must to any breakfast porridge.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.