There’s nothing like the feeling of smooth, soft skin freshly buffed and pampered to bring on that summer feeling. Sloughing away old skin gives your skin a fresh start, removing old dead skin cells and encouraging circulation, for a soft radiant glow that will compliment your fav summer outfits and make you feel gorgeously goddess-like.
A green goddess knows though, that natural is best when it comes to what you put on your skin, and she may just enjoy the sensuous delight of whipping up some DIY beauty with pure, chemical-free sumptuous aromas and textures, that work like a love-bomb for beautiful skin.
Here are few naturally divine body scrubs you can make at home:
LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIE SCRUB
Vitamin C in lemons is great for brightening and detoxing your skin – an amazing antioxidant for skin beauty – and poppy seeds act as exfoliators to buff skin, making it oh-so-bright and fresh.
- 4 lemons
- 1 tbsn poppy seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut oil
- A glass jar
You can double the recipe if you want to make more, it can last for up to 3 months.
- Use a lemon zestor to zest the lemons, or if you don’t have a zestor use a veggie peeler and chop the peels finely with a knife
- Leave the peels to dry for an hour or two
- Mix the poppy seeds, sugar, cornmeal, vanilla and lemon zest in a bowl
- Pour the oil over the ingredients (if your coconut oil is hard, gently melt it by putting the jar in a bowl of hot water)
- Combine the ingredients and store in a glass jar
(Adapted from: veganbeautyreview)
MAGICAL MYRRH, FRANKINCENSE & ORANGE SCRUB
These ancient sacred oils have the most amazing beautifying properties for your skin and will leave you smelling sensuous and sweetly earthy.
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil (soften hardened coconut oil by putting the jar on a bowl of hot water)
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- Mix the sugars in a bowl
- Slowly add the oil, mixing it in as you go
- Add the drops of essential oil
RECYCLED COFFEE BODY SCRUB
Here’s the perfect way to recycle coffee grinds – although putting them in your Bokashi bin is also a good idea. The caffeine and antioxidants in coffee are very reviving and stimulating for your skin and coconut oil will leave it wonderfully hydrated.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Store in a glass jar.
UPLIFTING CITRUS GREEN TEA BODY SCRUB
This scrub uses Epsom salts, which open your pores and releasing toxins, as well as relaxing your muscles. Green tea is a great anti-aging skin rejuvenator and lemons and limes are high in vitamin C. This scrub makes a wonderful detoxifier.
- 3 cups epsom salts
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp carrier oil oil (apricot kernel oil, jojoba, sweet almond)
- 1 tea bag of green tea (a tbsp of loose leaf green tea)
- 8 drops of lime essential oil
- 8 drops of orange essential oil
- Zest of a lime or lemon
- Glass jar
- Mix Epsom salts and baking soda in a bowl
- Add the carrier oil and mix
- Open the green tea bag and add the leaves and mix
- Add the drops of essential oils and mix
- Pour the mixture into a jam or mason jar and add a pretty label
(adapted from: dabblesandbabbles)
ALMOND JOY BODY SCRUB
Almond meal is a treat for your skin, not only will with it exfoliate gently, it contains plenty of fatty acids and nourishing nutrients. The cacao (apart from making you want to eat this scrub), is rich in antioxidants.
- ½ cup almonds or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil (soften before use if it is hardened)
- Glass jar
- If you are using whole almonds, grind them first in a blender or coffee grinder
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour the oil over and mix
- Store in a sealed glass jar for up to 3 months
(adapted from: youbeauty)
ROSEMARY & HIMALAYAN SALT BODY SCRUB
This scrub uses mineral-rich Himalayan Salts, so has a lovely delicate pink colour, and will exfoliate and detox your skin while replenishing valuable trace elements. Rosemary has very stimulating and antibacterial properties.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (remove the stem and tear into small pieces) or a teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup fine natural salt
- 1/4 cup fine Himalayan Salt
- Glass jar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Transfer into a glass jar
OATMEAL BODY SCRUB
Oatmeal is rich in Vitamin E an essential skin beauty vitamin and is a classic scrub.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Pour into a jar to store
These delicious-smelling, skin-pampering scrubs make for wonderful gifts, pop some in a jar with a beautiful label and give a refreshingly original homemade gift!