15 Mar Raw Vegan Chocolate
“A brain that gets well-nourished is a brain that feels good, and your brain is like your internal cheerleading team! When it’s tired your chances are good that you’ll want to go back to bed rather than seize the day! Our brain gets tired before our body does, so keep your brain nourished to stay on top of things.”
We could not agree more with the guys at Superfoods. Keeping your brain running at top form means you need to be feeding it with the best and most nutritious ingredients. They’ve shared one of their delicious raw chocolate recipes with us that we’d love to share with you.
- 100g Superfoods Cacao Butter
- 100g Superfoods Cacao Paste (or double that for a darker chocolate experience)
- 150g coconut blossom sugar (or whichever sweetener you like)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Your chunky ingredients of choice – cacao nibs, goji berries, mullberries, desiccated coconut, nuts and so on
- Melt the ingredients while still keeping them raw: put the Cacoa Butter and Cacao Paste into a pot and suspend over another pot containing water (double-boiler). NB: Do not this on the stove as this will heat up too much
- Once it’s all melted you can mix in the Coconut Blossom Nectar and the salt. Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Optional: Add your chunky ingredients of choice to the empty chocolate moulds, and then pour your mixture over them.
- Place the moulds in the freezer to set over night. Once they are set you can store them in the fridge.