04 May Carrot, Miso & Coconut Soup
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cm block ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups, peeled + sliced carrots
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Bring a medium pot to medium heat and all the olive oil.
- Fry the onions until translucent, add the garlic and ginger, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and add enough stock to cover the carrots.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Taste, season and when soft, add the miso paste and turn off the heat.
- Add the coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of sesame oil, coriander, sesame seeds and chilli.