The Karoo Blend includes seasonal Frantoio, Leccino, Coratina, Barnea, Dor Carlo, Koroneiki or Favolosa olive varieties. The flavour is soft and well-balanced.
- Grown & bottled on the estate in the Central Karoo town of Prince Albert
- 100% local, cold extracted premium quality olive oil
- A great source of omega 3 & 6
- Awarded Gold at the SA Olive Oil Awards 2013
- Packaged in an ultra-stylish branded tin
- SA Olive CTC Seal indicates the freshness of the contents
For four generations, the Badenhorst family has produced fine food and wine in South Africa; Prince Albert olive oil is made with patience and care, using the olives harvested on the family’s Karoo farm.
Recipe for Lemon-Infused Olive Oil:
- 2 whole organic lemons
- ½ cup Prince Albert Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest one of the lemons, keeping each strip of zest long & wide. Place the zest strips into a clean glass bottle & set aside.
- Zest the second lemon & set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, until a few small bubbles start forming.
- Remove the olive oil from the heat & mix in the zest from the second lemon.
- Let the oil-lemon mixture steep for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the cooked lemon zest out of the oil.
- Carefully pour the oil into the glass bottle, over the uncooked strips of lemon zest.
- Seal the bottle with a lid or cork, then store in the refrigerator.
- Serve drizzled over salads as a delicious lemony dressing. Use within 10-14 days.
Extra virgin olive oil
- Natural free acidity <0.8%
- Peroxide value <20meq/kg
Nutritional Information per 15ml:
- Energy: 502kJ
- Protein: 0g
- Total fat: 13.8g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- of which saturated fat: 2g
- of which trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 0g
10 out of 10 people would recommend this product26/01/2019, By charlieBest product yet18/05/2018, By SuzanneLove the fact that this is local - We always buy it and really enjoy the taste17/04/2018, By AshBeautiful packaging, excellent product24/01/2018, By AdrienneAbsolutely love this product! I only use this brand to cook with!07/11/2017, By Rosedelicious and gorgeous tin!05/10/2017, By Lize-maréLove all orgamic natural products12/09/2017, By SharonThis product was initially given to me as a gift. What an awesome find.05/09/2017, By Charliethe beautiful tin caught my eye and when I read the reviews, i decided to buy the 500ml. Amazing taste, I use it for most of my cooking and I will buy the bigger tin next time.02/09/2017, By AbigailThis is amazing tasting olive oil in a beautiful tin. Would make a great gift.17/05/2016, By RobynThis is hands down one of my most cherished ingredients in my kitchen. Never one for salad dressings, I am finding myself dressing everything in this exceptionally creamy oil. It really does have a superior taste. I’m on my second tin already and the first has been repurposed into a very funky cactus pot – I’m an easy date when it comes to beautiful vintage style packaging, and this little number is no exception.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.