29 Apr Healthy ‘Ferrero Rocher’ Balls
- 2 cups dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 150ml coconut oil, room temperature
- Pinch sea salt
- 50g cacao
- 2/3 cup pecans/walnuts, toasted
- Pit and soak the dates in warm water for 2 hours or until soft and water is cold.
- Place sunflower seeds, oats, cacao and almond flour in the food processor and blend until a fine flour.
- Remove and put aside.
- Drain the dates.
- Place dates in the food processor, add the coconut oil and salt, blend until smooth.
- Turn the machine onto low speed and add the fine flour one tablespoon at a time until combined.
- Chop up the pecans/walnuts and add ¼ of the cup to the mixture and blitz once or twice to combine.
- Remove the mixture and place in the fridge for two hours or until hard.
- Blend the rest of the nuts until a small crumb, sprinkle with sea salt and keep aside.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll the balls into 20g balls.
- Coat in the nut crumb and store in an airtight container in the fridge.